Baobab+ was launched in late 2015 by Microcred Group, a digital finance company focusing on financial inclusion in Africa and China. Baobab+ was created to distribute innovative non-financial products to improve and transform daily lives of African people in order to enable a sustainable economic development. Baobab+ is developing access to energy and digital in West Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali) and Madagascar, through classical loans for Baobab clients or through Pay-As-You-Go model to make the solar products accessible to all.
Our ambition is to provide clean, affordable and reliable energy to people living off-grid by offering them quality products with adapted financial solutions. Baobab+ works with different partners willing to improve social and environmental impacts in the countries.
Baobab+ is also working on access to digital in providing to its clients innovative digital devices and solution like educative tablets or business tablets for entrepreneurs.
The successful candidate will have a clear mandate to ensure the direction and the management of BAOBAB+ Madagascar established by the board of directors. He will be in responsible of all commercial activities, company management, funding and the strategy with a clear focus on business development and people management to ensure sustainable growth and long term viability in a competitive environment in the country.
This position of CEO of Baobab+ Madagascar is the official and legal representative of the company.
This position is opened due to an evolution at the group level of the current CEO of Baobab+ Madagascar.
– Oversee the organization of the company and ensure the respect of operational and financial processes
– Manage the company funds in light of approved budget with monthly check of finances budget evolution vs targets
– Establish a good collaboration with community groups, investments funds and other organization to facilitate the achievement of the BAOBAB+ entity
– Report on a regular basis on the company performance and implementation of corrective measures when needed.
– Represent the company with local authorities
– Participate in the elaboration of a strategic roadmap for the country with the Board
– Ensure that all resources are fully used to reach defined targets and to achieve continuous improvement
– Establish a positive and safe work environment in conformity of laws and relevant regulations
– Oversee employees recruitment to make sure the organization is build on Talents
– Developing market knowledge and commercial relationships in order to foster the growth of BAOBAB+ business with its different target groups.
– Develop and drive with the local team a clear Market operational plan aligned with the Group strategic roadmap.
– Contributing to the improvement of the products offer and services tailored to the customers’ needs
– Develop high performing team and enhance people motivation by implementing with HR in implementing an adequate incentives and career policy.
– Ensure an adequate operational organization of the teams working throughout Baobab network of branches and Pay-As-You-Go agents, in order to supply the complete range of Baobab+ products to clients in accordance with business objectives.
– Develop amongst the business teams a corporate culture focused on delivering of simple, transparent and efficient services to the clients.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Management, business development, marketing or equivalent.
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience as a Country Manager or Managing Director in sales/Marketing or similar environment in Africa.
- General knowledge of a wide range of BOP (Bottom of pyramid) products and services
- Advanced knowledge of product retail and customer care operations
- Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Board, investors and statutory bodies
- Excellent analytical skills to support decision making and negotiation
- Strong leadership and team building skills allowing to develop performing and engaged teams
- Ability to adapt to challenging environment : flexibility in an evolving environment while settling in an effective and efficient organization
- Fluent in french and english
Profil recherché: Experienced
Présentez-vous !: https://youtu.be/Vkde1Tdu1co